Run for your life.

11.06.2006

The Waiting Game

From Friday, 11.3.2006:

I will be thankful when our upstairs bathroom renovations are complete. It's no easy thing to go down steep stairs first thing in the morning when you're not really awake, your eyes are only half open, you really have to pee, and your feet hurt.

However, the ankle didn't scream nearly as loud today, neither with the first steps nor as the hours progressed. Still puffy, very tender to the touch, sore in the Achilles and outer ligaments areas with any balancing movement. Ate more Aleve, kept it elevated, and refrained from running. Hard to tell if it would be ok to run long Saturday. Crossed my fingers.

I did find the seam ripper in our sewing kit and carefully removed the socky thing from the new ankle brace. It was rubbing a blister on my heel when I wore it around the house Thursday evening. Made sure to not leave any hot spots (thanks for the tip, Joe), and was pleased that the seam ripper did a clean job. The brace is now basically a modified ace-bandage type thing that I can easily carry in the pouch on my FuelBelt. Should I fall over again during a run I'll have the brace ready to use for compression and stabilization.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home