Run for your life.

12.07.2006

It's Cold Outside (I Really Can't Stay)

There's one window in my office. Strike that. There are NO windows in my office.

There's one window in my office area. When I'm in town and in the building all day, I can only get a glimpse outside during trips out of my little den--to pick up jobs from the network printer, visit others, get water, etc. I savor these little reconnaissance missions. I'm generally an after-work runner, and although I love my job, I value my personal time, too, and look forward all day to that run time. Run time is think time, prayer time, quiet time, unwind time. So, each peek out that window throughout the day is a little teaser of what's coming.

One day last week I noticed it had gone from being bright and sunny to overcast. No rain was falling quite yet, but it was foggy drizzly dark. A major cold front had been predicted, and here it was. I heard others talking about getting home and staying put. Plans were made to put on chili, watch movies, whatever, as long as it was indoors.

"Looks like great running weather," was the first thought through my mind. I could hardly wait to go.

I am not right.

1 Comments:

  • At 12:21 AM, Blogger C.Kilbourne said…

    Hey kel,
    I really liked your tread mill story. I work out from time to time at our Wellness Center, especially since I'm paying for it via taking classes. I as well, get annoyed while on a treadmill.
    I've tried to run with Sam, but he pulls too much in directions and kind of makes it a pain, though he loves it. Speaking of falling, Josh was running at Hafer Park yesterday and Sam crossed in front of him to chase a squirrel and he stepped in a hole, causing him to fall and pulling a muscle in his back. He's been laying on the floor a lot the last two days.
    Tonight I went with some girls from the dorms to the Braum's outdoor skating rink by the Civic Center. It was a lot of fun. We drove past the Ball park and saw the tubing hill. It looked like a lot of fun. We should try to go and plan ahead this year. Talk to ya soon.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home