Run for your life.

3.06.2007

Results


4:31

A personal record! Four minutes better than last year!

Official race results posted at www.LittleRockMarathon.com.

The results posted in the Monday Democrat-Gazette were accurate as far as order of finish (I was 148th out of a field of 480+ women), but my listed time was about three minutes long. The paper posted "gun time" which is when the official race clock starts, but those of us toward the middle and back of the pack take a while to get up to the actual starting line, so we go by "chip time." Every racer gets an electronic chip to wear on his or her shoe and your own personal time starts recording when you cross a sensor mat at the start line. You also have to cross several mats throughout the race, like checkpoints, and then your "chip time" stops when you cross the mat at the finish. I hear that next year we may get GPS chips so we can be tracked online, which would rock.

Photos and race report coming soon. Thanks to everyone for the love and support.

4 Comments:

  • At 6:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Way to go Wizard! You rock! I thought of you during the race a few times.
    barb

     
  • At 6:55 AM, Blogger mandyc said…

    Congratulations!! I'm in awe of anyone who likes to run anyway, but to see someone run that far is such a short time is amazing to me. Trouble is going to run one leg of a group marathon next month. Got any advice for how to train?? We joined the YMCA and have been using the treadmills and ellipticals fairly regularly for the last month or so but that's about all at this point...

     
  • At 10:27 AM, Blogger Joe said…

    PR's ROCK!!!

    You finished almost 2 hours after I finished the half mary. BTW, mine was a PR also (since it was the first time I'd run that far)

    Time to do it in the dirt! (you know what I mean)

     
  • At 10:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wizard my friend - Congratulations!!!!! I am all of the sudden reminded of those morning runs at camp you were so excited to get out of bed early for - HA! Seriously, I am so proud of you! I'm almost inspired to train for another one myself - I haven't run a long distance since I ran 30 for my 30th. I admire your excitement and dedication!!! Here's to your PR!

    We need to catch up - let's visit sometime soon.

    ~texas lynn :o)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home