Run for your life.

12.14.2006

Lightness Has a Call That's Hard to Hear


Five flat miles on the LR River Trail tonight. Quiet. Dark. Calming, after an obnoxious day at the office. Easy out-and-back through Murray Park from the parking lot Tom calls "Creepy" (for its lack of light prior to being a Big Dam Bridge terminus--it's somewhat better lit now).
What a treat, on the return trip with about a mile left, to have the bridge come slowly into view with its light show. I'd heard it was lit but this was my first time to see. A series of piers over the water are illuminated with slowly-changing beams of color. First, in the distance, I saw blue. Blue turned to purple. I looked down for a few seconds (acorn patrol), and when I glanced back up the whole bridge was dressed for the holidays in a pattern of red and green. That slowly faded to all green, followed by all red.
While tempted, I didn't go up and over the river tonight. It seemed more appropriate to stay in the shadows and admire the light from afar.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home